Well, all right then! After almost a year of hard work, my new website goes live August 15th. To celebrate, we're starting the first-ever "Christmas In August" sale that same day. It will run until August 31st, and as always, prices will drop dramatically.
Below are the new items we'll be featuring for the sale. And of course, as with the old December holiday sale, autographing and personalization will be available:
• More home-made copies of my "Living Room Concert for Nashville Public Television" DVD, courtesy of Joan Maute.
• A master class CD set (audio only) of my recent master class at the Gamble Rogers Festival (darned good, if I do say so myself), this time courtesy of Joan and Oasis CD, in home-made packaging.
• Twelve Kyser quick-change capos, with a nod of thanks to Milton and his staff.
• Four copies of a homegrown "Stella Adler DVD set," courtesy of Tom Oppenheim and the Stella Adler Studio. This is three DVD's from Public Televisions "American Masters" series: one on Stella herself, one on director Harold Clurman, married to Stella during the formation of the Group Theater, and one on the Group Theater. A must have for any theater addict.
• A Miracle Row digital songbook, thanks to Kathleen Brogan.
• A full complement of the DMG double and triple-CD sets (yes, all of them), as well as the Between the Lines/Old Grey Whistle Test CD-DVD set, unavailable in the United States. And thanks to our friends at DMG, we can price everything competitively.
• And last but far from least, some gorgeous keychains (no, really). They're beautiful. Just check out the picture here. Even I am using one! And they benefit the Pearl Foundation. What's not to like?
We'll also be featuring free sheet music downloads during the sale, and some new free music downloads as well. But mainly, we'll be featuring the fantastic new website!
On the touring front, I keep promising myself to slow down, then get excited about something and forget what I promised myself.... Tom Paxton and I have been trying to do some dates together for years, and it's finally coming true this fall and next spring. You know, Tom was at my very first real show, when I played at a Broadside Hoot at the age of thirteen. He was sitting right there on stage with me, and I was so thrilled I couldn't even speak to him! We're going to learn some of each others' songs well enough to sing backup, and rehearse for a few days before our first show (because I get nervous...) Very exciting! On top of that, I just got some extremely cool new gear via Voodoolab, and am thoroughly stoked to be using their Analog Chorus.
Looks like I'll be heading to Japan after the New Year for a few shows as well. Sony Japan are putting together a website just for me – and of course, Angela Aki's album is coming out next month, with two of our co-writes on it. She is an amazing, amazing talent, and I can't wait to hear the finished thing!!!
That's it for now. Enjoy the site, and thanks for checking in!
New Audiobook: Course Correction
Course Correction, the new book by Olympic silver medalist Ginny Gilder, is available today at libro.fm as an audiobook narrated by Janis Ian. Described as Wild meets The Boys in the Boat, Course Correction is a memoir about the quest for Olympic gold and the triumph of love over fear.
Our Forums are back!
Yes, the website forums were down for a short time while we upgraded the software, but we're back up with better security and the same great group of users.
Free Download! "I'm Still Standing"
For a limited time "I'm Still Standing" is available in the Shopping Mall as a free MP3 download. Go grab it now, as it won't be free for long!
click on any date for full information
click again to close that date
All tour dates updated on April 19, 2015
Swannanoa Gathering - Master Class, Asheville, NC
Swannanoa Gathering - Master Class
Visit the venue's website
Registration now closed.
Stella Adler Studio Of Acting, New York, NY
Stella Adler Studio Of Acting
New York, NY
Visit the venue's website
Class series. If you would like to discuss attending this series as a non-student, please contact the Stella Adler School directly. There is very limited visitor enrollment available.