Well, all right then! After almost a year of hard work, my new website goes live August 15th. To celebrate, we're starting the first-ever "Christmas In August" sale that same day. It will run until August 31st, and as always, prices will drop dramatically.
Below are the new items we'll be featuring for the sale. And of course, as with the old December holiday sale, autographing and personalization will be available:
• More home-made copies of my "Living Room Concert for Nashville Public Television" DVD, courtesy of Joan Maute.
• A master class CD set (audio only) of my recent master class at the Gamble Rogers Festival (darned good, if I do say so myself), this time courtesy of Joan and Oasis CD, in home-made packaging.
• Twelve Kyser quick-change capos, with a nod of thanks to Milton and his staff.
• Four copies of a homegrown "Stella Adler DVD set," courtesy of Tom Oppenheim and the Stella Adler Studio. This is three DVD's from Public Televisions "American Masters" series: one on Stella herself, one on director Harold Clurman, married to Stella during the formation of the Group Theater, and one on the Group Theater. A must have for any theater addict.
• A Miracle Row digital songbook, thanks to Kathleen Brogan.
• A full complement of the DMG double and triple-CD sets (yes, all of them), as well as the Between the Lines/Old Grey Whistle Test CD-DVD set, unavailable in the United States. And thanks to our friends at DMG, we can price everything competitively.
• And last but far from least, some gorgeous keychains (no, really). They're beautiful. Just check out the picture here. Even I am using one! And they benefit the Pearl Foundation. What's not to like?
We'll also be featuring free sheet music downloads during the sale, and some new free music downloads as well. But mainly, we'll be featuring the fantastic new website!
On the touring front, I keep promising myself to slow down, then get excited about something and forget what I promised myself.... Tom Paxton and I have been trying to do some dates together for years, and it's finally coming true this fall and next spring. You know, Tom was at my very first real show, when I played at a Broadside Hoot at the age of thirteen. He was sitting right there on stage with me, and I was so thrilled I couldn't even speak to him! We're going to learn some of each others' songs well enough to sing backup, and rehearse for a few days before our first show (because I get nervous...) Very exciting! On top of that, I just got some extremely cool new gear via Voodoolab, and am thoroughly stoked to be using their Analog Chorus.
Looks like I'll be heading to Japan after the New Year for a few shows as well. Sony Japan are putting together a website just for me – and of course, Angela Aki's album is coming out next month, with two of our co-writes on it. She is an amazing, amazing talent, and I can't wait to hear the finished thing!!!
That's it for now. Enjoy the site, and thanks for checking in!
Free download of "Swannanoa."
A new song, in honor of the Swannanoa Gathering's 25th anniversary! Says Janis: "A writer is always influenced by what she hears around her. This will be my third visit to Swannanoa Gathering. There's something lonesome in the air, some sense of longing in the hills, that always strikes me when I arrive - and pains me when I leave.” Visit the Free Downloads page to download this song and many others.
Items On Sale
We just put 3 double-CD sets on sale in the Janis Ian Shopping Mall! Best of Janis Ian, Remember: Live '77, and Working Without A Net are all on sale right now at very low prices. AND we found a box of the DVD Live From Grand Center, so that's on sale too! Of course, the poetry audio book, Who Really Cares is also on sale.
Who Really Cares Audiobook Now Available!
On sale right now in the Shopping Mall. Originally published in 1969, Who Really Cares began as a collection of the poems Janis had been writing since the age of seven. The book was later expanded with 10 previously unpublished poems that had been rejected by the original publisher, and a new poem. Janis took the opportunity afforded by her winning a Spoken Word Grammy to create this audiobook.