Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Advise from other people with depressions...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Eva View Post
    Also I am making my sweeties balcony pretty. It's a birthdaygift (she had her birthday end of March but because of the weather and the season in which the flowers bloom I couldn't start planting untill now) She is out of town for 2 days so I can do my thing without her seeing the mess. When she comes back it will be pretty and clean. She likes to sit on her balcony in the evening after her work. In the weekend she likes to have breakfast there. I want to make it an enjoyable place for her to be.
    Well done, Eva! I've always found that doing for others is a good way to get out of our own heads.
    Dee / Daniel

On my Pirateship called the "There is no such thing as enough shoes"

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Well done, Eva! I've always found that doing for others is a good way to get out of our own heads.
    Getting dirty helps too!

The balcony looks pretty now. It was a mess! But now it´s colourful and clean again. I hope she´ll like it.

Eva
    The good, the bad and the hungry...

I'm with Dee. I have had a rough week for complex reasons. But a major part of it is that I've been staying at home and watching the walls close in, at best doing some "busy work". It isn't good for me and I am changing my routine. With any luck....it will stop my mind from trying to torture itself.

Really need to get my motorcycle running.
    This nut won't crack.

Sara is offline On the verge of losing my mind because I post so much!

Default Keep on keeping on.

I'm glad you have outlets for talking about all you have going on, Eva - here and out there in the world. Know that I care and am continuing to send the strongest Rudie vibes ever created!
    Posting "to the hilt . . without shame, without pain, without guilt."

Saugerties, NY...directly next to woodstock NY

Eva, HUGS!!! doing stuff like painting the balcony is some of the best stuff you can do. just do something you enjoy or enjoy doing for others. I can't tell you how important doing things, even just one thing a day, can be. for me, I'm up to 2 things that I must do per day...it helps so much. most of the time it's stuff i know needs to be done around the house, but when I can't so that, I just so things that I enjoy like listening to music really loud or taking a shower or making something special to to when my sweetie gets home. or sitting outside in the sun, there are so many things. and congratulate youselt when you do something like cleaning around the house. Thank youself when you do something like sitting in the sun for a while. oh and if you do more than one or two things a day, make sure to make aa big deal of it. Love you my sister
    peace

hoops
    VIBE THE JOY!

saxman is offline Really ought to get married and settle down

Default its my turn

Eva , ive always said this to shall pass , well it does and for me it always comes back. LOL. Im in the deapest ugly dark hole ive been in in a while , one thing keeps me going My kids and This board , i havent written much lately but have posted Janis Quots of the Day from facebook , its my daily task and it keeps me connected .Music things at the VA are falling apart because of the lack of leadership and politics.The person who took over has no concept of what music is all about and has taken all the fun out of it.he is a control freek and does not except help from others that know what they are doing . i think that he is jealous of everyone that knows more than he does , its a sad thing to watch . Going to the VA to work with other vets in music or in a group that plays guitars together and find out that its all falling apart because of one mans greed for power is depressing . and to be told by that person that i cant help after i with the help of friends got the group going to begin with . is sad.I never expected this from another vet . i guess its just another dissapointment and another loss of trust.The program has nothing to do with the VA and is an outside the VA project . i wont say what the project is because they do lots of good all over the U.S. and help Vets . since they are not a part of the VA i can talk about it , without breaking any confidentiality rules.ive been told by people and friends that helped get it going that they tried to offer more help and were told that he doesent need anything else , but he posted on his facebook page a message saying he needed donations and help with benefit concerts to raise money . To me thats a slap in the face. its really sad that the politics involved inside the VA cant see past his sweet talk.hopefully something can be done to make this guy wake up and see that he is hurting others and maybe seek help .
    depression , yep and now my Mom is moving into a house 200 miles from me and the vultures are hovering around to get things. before its time. right now i hate the world.
    i have to say that NO one on this Message board has ever hurt me , or taked advantage of me . and EVERYONE ive met in person and via this board i trust , There is more honesty and love on this board that ive ever experienced in my life.I have never been let down by the people i meet from here. i Love this place.
    ive been sleeping for the past week to hide from the world .im not in a good place mentally .This to shall pass
    Peace!,,,Mike

coffeegyrl is offline On the verge of losing spouse because I post so much!

A good thing to help you feel better is to make a list of what you are grateful for today. Sometimes I have to say stuff like, I'm grateful I have a roof over my head and I'm grateful I have clean water in my house. Even if there are no people on the list, there is always something to be grateful for.
    I wish you joy

On my Pirateship called the "There is no such thing as enough shoes"

Take good care of yourself Mike. I know, it's very hard to do. I'm thinking of you.

Eva
    The good, the bad and the hungry...